It happened! Pinterest transitioned to a publicly held company! I had the chance to work for their team in Ogden, in connection with MarketStar. It was an amazing opportunity to get to know the company and platform better.
Pinterest isn’t just another social media company. In fact, it isn’t really social media at all. It’s a place where people go to discover new ideas or seek inspiration on a travel destination or a new project. Pinners have a completely different mindset while they are on the platform and the company is tailoring ads to them.
For example, if we compare an ad on Facebook to an ad on Pinterest you would notice a major difference immediately. Ads on Facebook are meant to disrupt the flow of the Newsfeed in order to grab your attention. Ads on Pinterest have a very native feel. Aside from a few small differences, they look like any other pin and that’s the point. Businesses are putting their best ideas, innovations, and creativity at the forefront on this platform. They are positioning products as a way to help people accomplish their goals.
Although there are only two days worth of trading data for Pinterest (PINS), I recommend buying as much as you can, even if it falls for a short time. Their advertising model and mindset is centered around giving their Pinners the best experience possible while on the platform.
On April 2, 2019 Walgreens announced earnings far below expectations which resulted in their stock price immediately plummeting by 13%! The price continued to fall over the next several days by an additional 2% for a total of 15%.
Over the past 12 months, Walgreens has fallen by similar amounts at least six times! Each time they always bounce back - not necessarily as high as they were before the fall but high enough to make it interesting… money in the bank interesting! Although no investment is ever guaranteed, I put my money on this one.
Making money in the stock market isn’t about following the crowd. The crowd was selling stock as fast as possible when the earnings report came back poorly. That is the time to seize the opportunity and go against the herd. Remember, buy low and sell high! Let the stock market be your playground and have a blast making money!
Jeff Wayment: "The stock market is my playground and I believe anyone can make money there!"